Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology (BPIT) Library
Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, Delhi was established by the Bhartiya Brahmin Charitable Trust in 2007 with the aim to impart value-based education and to prepare the most competent and ingenious technocrats and leaders of the country.
It’s Library System consists of a Central Library and 04 departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research, and extension programmes of the Institute. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science, management and humanities. Initially setup in 2007. BPIT Library is enriched with Books, Novels, Newspapers, Journals/Magazines, Digital Library/computer centre and other formats.
- BPIT offers a well-planned, centrally air-conditioned library.
- Wi-Fi enabled library.
- Institute has the Developing Library Network (DELNET) subscription.
- BPIT library is well catered by for all the courses offered by the Institute.
- There are more than 57040+ books, 5602 + titles, 1668 E-Books and 542 E-Journals etc.
- Separate computer sections for students and faculty in the Library
- Library system also offers ICT based resources to its uses, such as e-book, e-journals, and databases.
- Access to many International online Journals
- A good number of thesis/dissertations and research reports are available in library (DELNET/NDLI).
- Library system uses LIBWARE 3.0.3 for handling day to day routine tasks. It makes use of Barcode system for inventory and security of library materials.
- A good number of International and National Journals – 40 (IEEE Journals, IETE,Springer etc)
- BPIT provides Book Bank Facility for all the students.
- Reading Room Facility – 08 hrs Access & seating Capacity of 150
- BPIT is a member of National Digital Library of India (NDLI)
Library is the main resource center of information. BPIT provides Book Bank Facility for all the students. BPIT Library and book bank has been enriched with:
|Total No. of Books||45186||6790||5064|
|Total No. of Titles||4054||1231||317|
|Total No. of Newspapers||15|
|Total No. of Magazines||11|
|Total No. of Print Journals (National/International)||40|
|E-Books Available in Library||1668|
|E-Journals Available in Library||542|
Dr. Nitish Pathak
Incharge, Library Advisory Committee
|1.||Dr. Nitish Pathak||Incharge, Library Advisory Committee|
|2.||Dr. Preeti Arora||Member|
|3.||Mr. Sanjay Upreti||Member|
|4.||Ms. Tanima Ghosh||Member|
|5.||Ms. Prachi Kaushik||Member|
|6.||Ms. Aarti Haswani||Member|
|7.||Ms. Ritu Bajaj||Member|
|8.||Mr. Manoj Sharma||Library Coordinator & Convener|
|9.||Mr. Himanshu Pandey||Member|
|10.||Ms. Asha Shukla||Member|
|11.||Mr. Sumit Hooda||Member|
|12.||Ms. Monika Bharadwaj||Member|
|13.||Mr. Aditya Sharma||Member|
Mr. Manoj Sharma
Mr. Himanshu Pandey
Ms. Asha Shukla
Mr. Sumit Hooda
Ms. Monika Bharadwaj
Mr. Aditya Sharma
Mr. Suresh Chandra Tiwari
General Library Rules
- Only BPIT Students, Faculty and Staff as registered members are allowed to use the BPIT Library.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance of the Library.
Use of Computers/Laptops etc
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only.
- Online chatting/dating, and browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Readers must carry their Library Membership card while using the Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
General Reading Section
- The right to use General Reading Section is exclusively reserved for bonafide members of BPIT Library.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used/occupied on the first come first served basis.
- Capturing/reserving seats for friends/future use is strictly prohibited. Other library users may remove the bags and books if these are left unattended on the tables.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
- All students, faculty, and employees of the Institute are entitled to the membership of the library. Users must carry their Library Membership card while using the library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- The library user shall not engage in loud conversation in any part of the library; they should observe strict silence inside the library so that others are not disturbed.
- The users shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library. Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials, or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
- Personal Bags should be kept at Property Counter at own risk. No valuable items, e.g., Laptop, mobile, money, ATM Cards, etc. should be kept inside the bags. If kept, the Library will not be responsible for any such loss.
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only. Playing games/ watching movies on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading sections are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages to the readers.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
- A user’s membership privileges can be suspended on account of misbehaviour with the Library staff or for indecent manners. Maintaining discipline in the broadest sense is the motto of the library.
- These rules are subject to revision/updation from time to time without assigning any reason.
Can’t find the book of your interest in our BPIT library. But you want to refer the book for your academic use. Our Institute has the Developing Library Network (DELNET) subscription for the students and staff of the BPIT. You can search the Union Catalogue of around 4500+ libraries in India and abroad. Just you have to login to DELNET (Developing Library Network) where you can access the holding of around 4500+ Libraries. Users can access DELNET database through the World Wide Web using the following procedure:
- Web Address: https://delnet.in. Click onto “New Discovery Portal” and enter the Login and Password for further processing and exploration. For Login ID and Password to access the Online Catalogue contact our Library staff. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulty.
DELNET has been established with the prime objective of promoting resource sharing among the libraries through the development of a network of libraries. It aims to collect, store, and disseminate information besides offering computerised services to DELNET users. DELNET lists 1,04,569 periodicals (Journals, bulletins, magazines, dissertations, thesis, publication and e-content etc.) and is regularly updated and new titles are added annually.
DELNET has been actively engaged with the compilation of various Union Catalogues of the resources available in member-libraries. It has already created the Union Catalogue of Books, Union List of Current Periodicals, Union Catalogue of Periodicals, CD-ROM Database, Database of Indian Specialists, Database of Periodical Articles, Union List of Video Recordings, Urdu Manuscripts’ Database, Database of Theses and Dissertations, DEVINSA Database, sample databases of language publications using GIST technology and several other databases. The data is being updated in each of these databases and is growing rapidly. All the DELNET databases have been resident on DELSIS, an in-house software developed on BASISPlus, an RDBMS, the product of Information Dimensions Inc. of USA which has been provided to DELNET courtesy by (National Informatics Centre, New Delhi).
DELNET provides an array of facilities including E-mail to its member-libraries including both institutional and associate institutional members. DELNET’s relentless efforts in resource sharing have proved extremely effective. It has indeed been a big leap towards the modernisation of libraries in India.
National Digital Library of India (NDLI)
National Digital Library of India (NDLI) is a virtual repository of learning resources which is not just a repository with search/browse facilities but provides a host of services for the learner community. It is sponsored and mentored by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, through its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). It is a digital repository that provides free access to learning materials from primary to post-graduate levels across various subject domains in English and other Indian languages. NDLI Club members can access a vast repository of free and open access learning resources, from anywhere and at any time, either through desktop PC or laptop or tablet or mobile, from National Digital Library of India (NDLI) (https://www.ndl.gov.in or https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in). NDLI provides content for all academic levels including lifetime learners, all disciplines and in most of the widely used Indian languages, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world. The National Digital Library of India (NDLI) is an all-digital library that stores information (metadata) about different types of digital contents including books, articles, videos, audios, thesis and other educational materials relevant for users from varying educational levels and capabilities. It provides a single-window search facility so that learners can retrieve the right resources with the least effort in minimum time. NDLI is designed to hold content of any language and provide interface support for the leading vernacular languages. It is available on all popular forms of access devices including mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms.
Who all can be benefited by NDLI?
NDLI has been designed to benefit all kinds of users like students (of all levels), teachers, researchers, librarians, library users, professionals, differently abled users and all other lifelong learners. It is a digital repository that provides free access to learning materials from primary to post-graduate levels across various subject domains in English and other Indian languages. NDLI is also designed to benefits teachers, researchers, librarians, professionals, differently-abled, and life-long learners.
Details of Key Authorities of BPIT NDLI Club
|Club Authority||Name||Designation||Email id|
|Patron||Prof. Payal Pahwa||Principalemail@example.com|
|President||Dr. Nitish Pathak||Associate Professor (IT department)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Mr. Manoj Kumar Sharma||Library Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Executive Member||Mr. Sanjay Upreti||Assistant Professor, EEE firstname.lastname@example.org|
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) through the SWAYAM portal
MOOCs are courses delivered online and accessible to all for free. MOOC stands for massive open online course:
- Massive because enrollments are unlimited and can run into hundreds of thousands.
- Open because anyone can enroll — that is, there is no admission process.
- Online because they are delivered via the internet.
- Course because their goal is to teach a specific subject.
- MOOCs typically comprise pre-recorded video lessons, readings, assessments, and discussion forums.
What is SWAYAM?
SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active-learning for Young Aspiring Minds); India Chapter of Massive Open Online Courses. SWAYAM is an indigenous developed IT platform, initiated by the Government of India, which is instrumental for self-actualization providing opportunities for a life-long learning. SWAYAM is a digital media platform comprising of courses and certifications for e-learning.
SWAYAM is a Government of India initiative directed at ensuring holistic learning environment for the aspirants. As the name suggests, SWAYAM aims to make students self-sufficient in learning without any external in the form of physical infrastructure. Teachers and students can interact through SWAYAM for solving queries and attending classes.
This is done through a platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses, taught in classrooms from Class 9 till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time. All the courses are interactive, prepared by the best teachers in the country and are available, free of cost to any learner. More than 1,000 specially chosen faculty and teachers from across the country have participated in preparing these courses.
Aspirants need not worry about the cost factor while enrolling for SWAYAM portal. Ministry of education provides free delivery of online courses for the aspirants; however, if the learner wishes to gain certification in the desired course, then he/she has register and can appear for the proctored exams and pay the requisite fee. The exams for the online courses are conducted at the SWAYAM designated centers on the dates provided by the exam conducting body.
How to Pursue SWAYAM Online Course?
Follow these steps to get know how to enroll for the SWAYAM Online Classes/ Courses:
- Visit swayam.gov.in/explorer
- There are two option window that show two options – Upcoming courses and Ongoing courses
- Enrollment for the upcoming courses is open for the candidates.
- Click on the desired course that you wish to pursue
- You will see an option “JOIN” for each course. Click on it.
- Provide the necessary details and start learning.
- All the details pertaining to the starting of course, end date, exam date, no. of lectures, etc. are provided on the portal. Read all the details carefully to along with the course pedagogy.
- All the courses at SWAYAM range for the duration of 4 weeks to 24 weeks.
- Aspirants are also required to choose the exam date while registering for the course.
Note: All users are hereby requested to kindly visit swayam.gov.in/explorer for course details and share the information with the students so that they can apply for the MOOCs course accordingly in addition to their course curricula. These online courses can also be accessed from the Computer Labs / Library of the Institute.
For more details, regarding the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) through the SWAYAM portal, kindly visit the following web link:
Newspapers (Print) subscribed by the BPIT Library
List and the details of the subscribed newspapers are given below:
- THE TIMES OF INDIA
- HINDUSTAN TIMES
- THE ECONOMIC TIMES
- THE HINDU
- THE INDIAN EXPRESS
- BUSINESS STANDARD
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS
- THE FINANCIAL EXPRESS
- DANIK BHASKER
- PUNJAB KESARI
- RASHTRIYA SAHARA
- HINDUSTAN (HINDI)
- NAV BHARAT TIMES
- DAINIK JAGRAN
The BPIT Library remains open on all working days from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Photocopying of materials available in the library. This service is for Faculty, Students, and Staff of the BPIT only.
- The photocopy section is located near the Issue/Return counter of the BPIT library.
- Timings : All working days from 9 am to 5 pm.
Academic writing platform - QuillBot
Correct Grammar, Spell Check, Check Punctuation, Correct A Multitude of Grammatical Errors.
QuillBot’s paraphrasing tool helps rewrite and enhance any sentence, paragraph, or article for fluency using AI.
QuillBot’s summarizer can condense articles, papers, or documents down to the key points instantly in two ways: key sentences and paragraph mode.
Easily create full and in-text citations in thousands of formats.
Understand studies written in other languages or conduct your own research in a language you don’t speak. Translate longer texts, in over 30 languages.