Examination Guidelines and Regulations
The complete details / guidelines about the Examinations, Evaluation and Results are presented in the Ordinance 11 of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi. Some brief extracts / important information from Ordinance 11 are given below.
- The University shall hold examinations for all approved academic programmes as per the approved Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination.
- Each programme shall comprise of a number of courses/subjects and/or other components as specified in the approved Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination of the concerned programme. Each course/subject shall be assigned a weightage in terms of specified credits.
- The minimum period required for completion of a programme shall be the programme duration as specified in the Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination for the concerned programme. The maximum period allowed for completion of a programme shall be the maximum programme duration as specified in the Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination for the concerned programme. All the programme requirements shall have to be completed in the specified duration.
The details about minimum & maximum credit requirements and minimum & maximum duration of all the B.Tech Courses offered at BPIT is as follows:
|S. No.||Programme||Duration (in Years)||Credits Requirement for award of Degree|
|Minimum (N Years)||Maximum (N+2 Years)||Maximum||Minimum1|
|Applicable for Students admitted to the Batch 2021 onwards|
|5.||LE to B.Tech (CSE)||3||5||150|
|6.||LE to B.Tech (IT)||3||5||150|
|7.||LE to B.Tech (ECE)||3||5||150|
|8.||LE to B.Tech (EEE)||3||5||150|
|Applicable for Students admitted to the Batch 2015 upto Batch 2020|
|5.||LE to B.Tech (CSE)||3||5||162||150|
|6.||LE to B.Tech (IT)||3||5||161||150|
|7.||LE to B.Tech (ECE)||3||5||162||150|
|8.||LE to B.Tech (EEE)||3||5||160||150|
Each student shall be required to appear for examinations in all courses/subjects. However, for the award of the degree a student shall be required to earn a minimum credits, as per applicable Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination for the concerned programme. The students who have earned minimum credits, including mandatory papers(s) if any, but not earned maximum credits are required to submit a duly filled undertaking along with copies of all semester marksheets / results regarding dropping of papers for award of the Degree. luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
- Each of the above mentioned programmes follow Semester System. Each semester shall be of a working duration of about 21 weeks. The break-up of the academic semesters devoted to instructional work shall be as below:
- Imparting of instructions and/or laboratory work
(including Class Tests / Minor Examinations) : 15 weeks
- Preparatory Leave : About 01 week
- Semester Term-End Examination
(including Practical/Laboratory Examination) : About 05 weeks
The Academic Calendar shall be notified by the University each year, before the start of academic year at http://www.ipu.ac.in.
- A student shall be required to have a minimum attendance of 75% in the aggregate of all the courses taken together in each semester, provided that the Director / Principal of the affiliated institutes may condone attendance shortage upto 5% for individual student for reasons to be recorded.
- Student who has been detained due to shortage of attendance shall not be allowed to be promoted to the next academic year or semester and he/she will be required to take re-admission and repeat all courses of the said semester with the next batch of students. The University Enrolment number of such student shall however remain unchanged and he or she shall be required to complete the programme in a maximum permissible period.
- In case any detained student appears in the semester / supplementary examination, his / her result shall be treated as null and void.
The above information is the extract of the (i) Ordinance 11 of GGSIPU, (ii) Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination of the respective programme, (iii) Notifications / Regulations of the GGSIPU. Notwithstanding anything stated here, for any unforeseen issues arising, and not covered in this document, in the event of differences of interpretation, for detailed, complete and updated guidelines the stakeholders are advised to refer (i) Ordinance 11 of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, (ii) Syllabi and Scheme of Teaching and Examination of the respective programme, (iii) Notifications / Regulations of the GGSIPU by visiting the website www.ipu.ac.in.